GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
1 .IDENTIFICATION DATA: In compliance with the obligation to inform included in article 10 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and electronic commerce, the following data is provided below: The owner company of elpais.com (hereinafter, the Site) is EDICIONES EL PAÍS, S.L, whose address is at C/Miguel Yuste, 40 – 28037 Madrid, with Tax Number: B-85635910, registered in the Commercial Registry of Madrid in volume 26455, folio 157, section 8, sheet M-476760, registration 1 (hereinafter, EDICIONES EL PAÍS). Contact form
- USERS: Access to and use of the portals of EDICIONES EL PAÍS attributes the condition of USER, who accepts from this access and/or use, the General Conditions of Use stated here. The aforementioned Conditions will apply regardless of the General Conditions of Contracting, which may be of obligatory compliance.
- USE OF THE PORTAL: the Site of EDICIONES EL PAÍS provides access to a multitude of information, services, programmes or data (hereinafter, “the content”) on the Internet belonging to EDICIONES EL PAÍS or its licensors, which the USER can have access to. The USER assumes responsibility for the use of the Site. This responsibility extends to the registration which may have been necessary to access determined services or content. In this registration the USER will be responsible for providing true and licit information. As a consequence of this registration, the USER can be provided with a password for which he will be responsible, undertaking to make diligent and confidential us of the same. The USER undertakes to make adequate use of the content and services (such as chat services, discussion forums or news groups) which EDICIONES EL PAÍS provides through its Site and for descriptive purposes and not limited to these, not to employ them (i) to incur illicit or illegal activities or activities contrary to good faith and public order; (ii) to disseminate content or propaganda of a racist, xenophobic, illegal-pornographic, nature or in defence of terrorism or contrary to human rights; (iii) to provoke damage in the physical and logical systems of EDICIONES EL PAÍS, of its suppliers or of third parties, insert or disseminate in the computer network computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems which may provoke the aforementioned damage; (iv) to try to access and possibly use the email accounts of other users and modify or manipulate their messages. EDICIONES EL PAÍS reserves the right to withdraw all those comments and contributions which might violate the dignity of the person, may be discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, and pornographic or infringe upon youth or infants, public order or security or, in its opinion, would not be suitable for publication. In any case, EDICIONES EL PAÍS will not be responsible for the opinions expressed by the USERS through the forums, chats, or other participation tools.
- PROTECTION OF DATA: EDICIONES EL PAÍS complies with the directives of Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13, on the Protection of Data of a Personal Nature, Royal Decree 1720/2007 of December 21 whereby the Implementation Rules of the Organic Law were approved and the other legislation in force at the time, and takes care to guarantee a correct use and processing of the personal data of the USER. As regards this point, together with each form for the collection of data of a personal nature, in the services which the USER may request from EDICIONES EL PAÍS, the USER will be informed of the existence and acceptance of the particular conditions of the processing of his data in each case, informing him of the responsibility for the file created, the address of the person responsible, the possibility to exercise his rights of access, rectification, cancelation or opposition, the purpose of the processing and the possible communication of data to third parties. Moreover, EDICIONES EL PAÍS informs that it complies with Law 34/2002 of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce and will request his consent for the processing of his email for commercial purposes at any time.
- INTELLECTUAL E INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY: EDICIONES EL PAÍS itself or as assignee is the owner is the owner of all the intellectual and industrial property rights of its websites, as well as the components contained in them (for descriptive purposes: images, sound, audio, video, software or texts; brands or logos, combinations of colours, structure and design, selection of materials used, the computer programmes necessary for its functioning, access and use, etc.), owned by EDICIONES EL PAÍS or by its licensors. All rihts are reserved. By virtue of the stipulations in articles 8 and 32.1, second paragraph, of the Law on Intellectual Property, the reproduction, distribution and public communication, including the modality in which the totality or part of the contents of this website are made available for commercial purposes, on any storage system and by any technical means are expressly prohibited, without the authorisation of EDICIONES EL PAÍS. The USER undertakes to respect the Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights owned by EDICIONES EL PAÍS. You may visualise the components of the website and even print them, copy them and store them in the hard disk of your computer or in any other physical storage system on condition they are solely and exclusively for your personal and private use. The USER must refrain from supressing, altering, eluding or manipulating any protection device or security system which might be installed in the pages of EDICIONES EL PAÍS.
- EXCLUSION OF GUARANTEES AND LIABILITY: In no case is EDICIONES EL PAÍS liable for the damages of any nature which might be caused by the following provided for descriptive purposes: errors or omissions in the content, unavailability of the portal or the transmission of viruses or malicious or harmful programmes as regards their content, despite having adopted all the technological measures required to avoid these.
- MODIFICATIONS: EDICIONES EL PAÍS reserves the right to make the modifications it considers to be necessary in its website with no previous notice, and can change, suppressor add the content and services which are provided through the Site, as well as the form in which these appear or are localised on its Site.
- LINKS: In the event that links or hyperlinks to other Internet websites are place in the Site, EDICIONES EL PAÍS will not exercise any type of control over these websites and contents. In no case will EDICIONES EL PAÍS assume any responsibility for the content of any link belonging to a website alien to the Site, nor will it guarantee the technical availability, quality, reliability, precision, amplitude, veracity, validity and constitutionality of any material or information contained in any of these hyperlinks or other Internet websites. Moreover, the inclusion of these external connections will not entail any type of association, merger or participation with the entities connected.
- RIGHT OF EXCLUSION: EDICIONES EL PAÍS reserves the right to refuse or withdraw access to its Site and/or the services offered for those USERS who fail to comply with these General Conditions of Use, with no need for previous notice and at its own request or that of a third party.
- GENERALITIES: EDICIONES EL PAÍS will bring suit regarding failure to comply with these conditions as well as any misuse of its Site, exercising all the civil and criminal actions which might correspond to it in Law.
- MODIFICATION OF THESE CONDITIONS AND DURATION: EDICIONES EL PAÍS can, at any time, modify the conditions determined here, and duly published as they appear here. The period of validity of the aforementioned conditions will depend on their exhibition and will be in force until they are modified by others which are duly published.